Sunday, July 12, 2009

Black Athletes: McNair’s Death Tells Us A lot

Danny Aller
Sports Editor, Albany Herald


Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair's tragic death eight days ago today is one that, looking back years from now, certainly will be - for me - one of those passings where I'll someday say, "I remember where I was when I heard the news."


For some who don't follow football, or even sports as a whole that closely, maybe that feeling is not shared.
But for this American sports journalist - and other writers around the country - I think the effect was slightly different. And I say that because of an experience once early in my career that opened my eyes to what I was in for when it came to one of the lows of the biz.
About five years ago when I worked as a sportswriter for a newspaper in Florida, I remember a night quite vividly that still sticks with me today.

 

Click to read more.

No comments: