Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Above Average


It was a very humbling experience to be told "No" or nothing at all when I applied to jobs after I graduated. When I graduated in December 2008, I really felt like I would kick down doors and I would be on my way to a higher place. This horrible economy has forced me to be humble in ways un-imaginable. I haven't bought myself a pair of new shoes/clothes in over a year and a half. And for those of you who know me really well, YOU KNOW I like to be "fly as that one thang" I've had the pleasure of having good people in my life because Lord knows I've borrowed enough money, food,shelter and other things to last a life time. Because of God's grace I've been able to keep my head above water and maintain a quality of life that shouldn't have even been possible without a job. But I've done it and this is my testimony to the world.

It's a very humbling experience to walk amongst your peers that have seen you at your highest peak and to now see you searching for a new direction in life. People who used to be your biggest fans will now say "what the f*** are you doing with your life????" Oh yes, even family members will doubt your veracity. I've told my reasons for my position in life countless times but people still give you the suspect look like "yea n**** whatever, get a job". Luckily I'm a humbly- arrogant person who doesn't listen to people because If I didn't know myself enough to know my heart and Gods plan as well. I would have caved in to the ignorant thoughts of others. I have taken the left,right, up and down route to even move one inch closer to my dreams. I'm still searching for that one particular thing that gives me the most joy but trust me my heart and God are working hand in hand nowadays.This experience has taught me to hold steadfast in your belief in God's promise and your own heart. I knew all along that me not finding a job didn't have shit to do with me. It wasn't my time. If you believe that God doesn't make mistakes then your unemployment is no mistake. I knew that my RESUME SHITS ON 80% of the people in the job market, it just wasn't my time. So instead of being impatient and getting down on myself, I kicked it. Why be depressed about some shit that you cant control. Yea yea fill out some job applications for a job that you can get without your $80,000 degree so you can make minimum wage while your boss with no degree can tell you what to do. Have fun!!!!(BTW Subway can "S my D")

This leads me to another issue I have. I'm so happy that this recession hit because if it didn't I wouldn't have gotten the gumption to start my own business. I thought to myself why am I selling myself short and wasting my time applying for these SUS-ASS jobs that I can get without a college degree. Why spend $80,000 plus on a degree for a job you can get without one???? Thats hella dumb and if you did it big shoutouts to you and I'm not knocking you for it. BUT AS FOR ME, Daunte Martez Henderson, I'm not doing it. Why would I??? I don't have a problem with a regular job but I don't like the idea of being regular when I have above average qualities. I don't think I'm more special than the next person BUT I have a firm belief in the BEAST inside of me that's why I'm not settling for a regular job. Regular job=paying the bills, but if all you do is PAY BILLS and go to work .That shit sucks. And most likely you're unhappy. Why be unhappy and u only get one life???

So after countless times of overdrawing my bank account and being broke. I thought to myself. I run my mouth tooooo much and toooo well not to get paid for it. I give excellent advice, I'm motivational(big shoutouts to Jeezy and Yeezy), and I believe in 100 % of anything I say. Make it Happen Daunte!!! I'm started my own business, and its called M.A.D.E.M.A.N(Making a Difference for Each Man). I will be going around to local high schools ,middle schools and community centers talking to youth about the importance of getting your education and doing more than graduating from high school. I fully believe in going to college. College is more than just the books for me. I've grown into a well-equipped human being for the experiences I've had in school. There is a large number of people out there that don't know/feel that they deserve this opportunity. So yea Daunte has his own business.

Oh yea I'm moving to Chicago this Thursday September 15, 2009 to be an assistant manager-trainee at U.S. Cellular.. I gotta be "regular" until Diddy calls me.

6 comments:

K to the... said...

Congrats on making moves, homie!

Unknown said...

Good things awaits you Phi! God bless the child that's got it's own, ya heard! I'll see you in the CHI!

Yo Yo!

Unknown said...

Sup Dude - ok, we gon have 2 fix the shoe thing - but I feel u - the real world ain't no joke,

but I'm proud of u for making moves - anything I can do 2 assist u with that business of yours - u let me know ! -

FIVE STAR "MOM" said...

Welcome to the "Grown Ass Man/Woman World" -- Son!!! You do what you have to, to get where you want to go. Put your faith in God and trust me he has a plan for us all. God knows what you want before you do. At the end of the day, stay on your grind and you will get where you want to be. Good luck on the new job and business!!! You know your mom is with you 100%.

P.S. Be glad you don't have kids right now!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm proud of you, Daunte. So many people would've given up a long time ago. I'm glad you've remained strong on so many levels.

You will succeed in life no matter what it is you do, as long as you're happy. I pray your business will thrive. I'm sure you'll be able to reach out to a lot of young men in different communities and from different backgrounds.

God Bless!

Naeesa said...

Hey Don! Trust and believe you are not the only one having this experience. Congrats on the Chicago move and I am excited for your new business venture.