Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It's Not About You Today Sweety....Tuesday Works Better




Its things like half-off drinks for ladies, free admission for women until 11pm, or if you wear tight jeans you get in for free that irks me. Whenever I go to the club its “Ladies Night” or something to the extent of women being catered to that night. Women make the club an enjoyable place for males, so from a business standpoint I understand. I mean if I wanted to see guys then I would’ve called my friends over for a game of NBA 2K8 on XBOX 360 on a Saturday night. It’s not the fact that women get in for free or they get their drinks half off on one night. It’s EVERY NIGHT for the most part. When is it about me?

Guys get shafted on everything. When you are a child, you are taught that Mothers Day is the second most important day next to your birthday. I can live with Mother’s Day being a big day of appreciation for the ones that brought us into this world, BUT WHAT ABOUT DADDY? True, your mother carried you for nine months and that’s an awesome deed considering she used to be skinny before she had you, but WHAT ABOUT DADDY? I guess daddy didn’t supply his set of chromosomes to make you! I guess daddy doesn’t work two jobs to support a household! I guess daddy’s not important because his name is Shawn not Sharon. Father’s Day is one of the most underappreciated holidays in America. It sucks in comparison to all the other days for women. The sales at department stores for Father's Day even suck. Target and Macys roll out the red carpet for Mother's Day.
Valentines Day is one of these women-holidays that men get shafted on. Some women will tell me that Valentines Day is just for women and men get properly recognized on “Sweetest Day”. First of all, I didn’t even know what “Sweetest Day” was until I was an adult. Secondly why do guys have to get such a feminine name for their day of appreciation? In my opinion, it’s like calling a man Delicious. It’s not going to happen!!!! Valentines Day is sooooo one-sided. Women might buy you something but really they want you to cater to their every want and need. That’s cool, I’m not a mean guy, but WHEN IS IT ABOUT ME?

It’s never about the man. When you get into an argument with your lady/girlfriend/wife/mother/aunt/grandmother you will find out quickly that it’s not about you. It’s about how you hurt THEIR feelings. It’s about how YOU don’t care. It’s about THEM. Forget the fact that you hurt my feelings. Forget the fact that you’re the inconsiderate one. It’s not about men ever. It almost scares me to get married because I know my sense of self will be completely diminished once I get married. IT REALLY won’t be about me.

I’m starting a revolution. Any guy who feels the same way that I feel please tell a female in your life (don’t tell your mother, aunt or grandmother) in a very calm, cool and collected voice. “It’s not about you today!!!”


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daunte,

This is toooooo funny but real at the same time.

You know me and you know that I am not a girly girl. If you didn't the rock wall at Texas A&M last summer should have let you know. LOL. I totally understand your view point but at the same time I feel that women care more about this kind of stuff because we are natural "feelers" and that men really don't care. My mom will nag me for a nice gift for Mother's Day but when I try to give my dad something nice for Father's Day he nags me about spending money on him. So, I ask you, what do I do??

Valentine's Day just passed and I wasn't expecting anything special because I was broke. I usually invest alot of time into my boyfriend on that day but I had no time or money to plan a surprise. He was the one that surprised me at work with flowers and a gift and made plans for dinner. I was totally surprised. I was able to give back to him a couple of days later though so I redeemed myself.

I totally believe in giving as you recieve and uplifting your man!! Don't worry about marriage, I'm sure you'll choose a wife that'll represent like a true woman of GOD should.

GOD Bless

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the article. Being a married woman I always try to take the time and acknowledge my husband on a daily basis. The whole world is caught up on these materialist holidays and it's really a shame.

I challenge all the women who read this to put their man first at least for today. Behind every great man is a woman, so support your man!

Anonymous said...

Very good points in this article.

Anonymous said...

Son, were you upset when you wrote this? I was the first woman to let you know, it has and will always be about you and don't you forget it. Trust me, the woman you marry will make sure it's about you and her. Now chill!!!

Smooches, Mom

Just D. said...

Quit hating. :)

Anonymous said...

Daunte,
I love this one and I feel you because you are right for the most part. Yes, females do forget a lot of the time that there are two people working together in a relationship. Remember, whether it's a little or a lot the women that care about you most will recognize your feelings even in the toughest situations.......but trust and believe her point is going to be made first. I mean think about it, I love all of the men and young men in my life, whether family or my better half...notice I said better half, but guys make dumb decisions and because we love you guys we put up with it. So yes we expect some recognition. Females do dumb things too but not half as much as the guys. I acknowledge my guy on Valentine's Day and expect him to do the same for me on Sweetest Day because it's only fair. Guys do go through a lot but think about it a woman has to go through a painful menstrual cycle each month, childbirth, getting back into shape after childbirth, the fact that she may never make as much as a man who does the same job as her,and the fact that too many people believe that this is a man's world. "Behind every man there's a stronger woman." Remember that.